This project was funded by the Children's Institute, 2016.
Community health services -- Oregon -- Douglas County -- Surveys, Needs assessment, Health planning, Medical care -- Needs assessment -- Oregon -- Douglas County
Beginning in August 2016, Phase 2 of the North Douglas County (NDC) Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) built on work completed in the Phase 1 planning process, and engaged the communities of Drain, Elkton, and Yoncalla, Oregon in the development and administration of a regional health services survey. The purpose of the survey was to learn from families with children ages 0-8 in the NDC region in order to:
- Identify service needs across a range of health service types, e.g., dental care, immunizations, prenatal care, well-child care, primary care, and mental health;
- Identify barriers to access;
- Prioritize the programs and resources families most need to be able to support their and their children’s health;
- Learn about preferred ways families would like to access these services; and
- Recommend strategies to address the prioritized issues, needs, and barriers that emerge from the survey findings.
Callie H. Lambarth, Diane Reid, and Beth L. Green. North Douglas County Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) Phase 2 Regional Health Services Survey Report. Center for Improvement of Child and Family Services, Portland State University (2017)