Sustainable agriculture -- Oregon -- Portland Metropolitan Area (Or.), Local foods, Agriculture -- Economic aspects
The primary goal of this report is to document the scope, growth, and contribution of the food economy to the city of Portland and the region. Specifically, this report addresses the following research questions:
- What is the "food economy," and how is it defined?
- What is the size of Portland’s food economy, and how has it changed in recent years?
- How is the food economy distributed spatially within the city and the region? How is this changing?
- What kind of employment opportunities does Portland’s food economy offer? How do they compare to the broader economy?
- Who works in Portland’s food economy?
- How has Portland’s food economy performed relative to national trends?
- What is the broader impact and contribution of the Portland food economy to the overall regional economy, and to state and local government finances?
Green, Jamaal; Schrock, Greg; and Liu, Jenny H., "Portland’s Food Economy: Trends and Contributions" (2015). Institute for Sustainable Solutions Publications and Presentations. 88.