Download Full Text (49.1 MB)
This issue highlights some of the innovative work PSU faculty members and graduate students are doing around campus, work aimed at producing:
- New nanotechnologies for medical researchers seeking novel therapies to treat diseases
- A solution to the problem of unregulated contaminants in water supplies
- A powerful new tool for forecasting droughts and drought recovery times
- Three-dimensional maps of molecules associated with memory formation, cognition, and learning, and
- Innovations in physics education that will impact students entering health-related fields
Additionally, this issue takes a close look at two recent grants received by PSU faculty members, one of which will improve our understanding of how repeated wildfires affect carbon cycling in Alaskan forests, and another that establishes a partnership between PSU and five regional museums to support the study and conservation of museum collections. As always, this issue contains highlights of faculty research from around campus and data on proposals submitted, awards received, and research expenditures from the fiscal year 2017.
Portland State University
Portland State University. Research & Strategic Partnerships, "Research & Strategic Partnerships: Quarterly Review, Volume 4, Issue 2" (2017). Portland State Research Magazine. 13.