Download Full Text (73.6 MB)
This issue of the Research Review highlights some of the research PSU faculty and students are exploring:
- How microplastics and chemicals used in forest management regimes affect species living in the state’s estuarine and nearshore environments;
- Whether we can store thermal energy generated during the summer months in saline aquifers deep below the region for use during the winter;
- How community partnerships at Southeast Portland’s Earl Boyles Elementary School can improve school readiness and achievement;
- How much food Oregonians waste and why;
- Historical patterns of housing discrimination in the city, and
- How to launch a nanosatellite that will support STEM education in Oregon classrooms.
This issue also highlights the Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education, which works with roughly 24,000 childhood care and education practitioners, trainers, the state, and foundation partners to promote quality care and education for Oregon’s youngest residents and their families. Additionally, the magazine features profiles of PSU students who have received prestigious research fellowships from the NSF, as well as recent research news and stories from around campus.
Portland State University
Portland State University. Research & Strategic Partnerships, "Research & Strategic Partnerships: Quarterly Review, Volume 5, Issue 1" (2018). Research & Strategic Partnerships Quarterly Review. 14.