Document Type

Closed Project

Publication Date

Fall 2009


Dundar Kocaoglu

Course Title

Management of Engineering and Technology

Course Number

ETM 520/620


Current energy systems in the US predominantly are powered by hydro, coal, wind, solar, geothermal, biomass, nuclear and tidal power. Almost 83% of total electricity used in the United States is coming from two sources; coal and hydro. While the rest 17% are coming from five other sources; wind, solar, geothermal, biomass, nuclear and tidal [5]. The primary factors responsible for the impediment use of these renewable technologies are being exploited through careful evaluations of the technical, social/political, environmental and economical issues. These criteria are investigated in the next section.


This project is only available to students, faculty, and staff of Portland State University.

Persistent Identifier