Faculty members from our Anthropology Department explore the discipline's colonial histories and more recent efforts to decolonize anthropology within different subfields, as well as concrete approaches the department is adopting toward equity and inclusion.
- Charles Klein, chair and associate professor, medical anthropology
- Mrinalini Tankha, assistant professor, economic anthropology
- Doug Wilson, adjunct associate professor, archaeology
- Melanie Chang, adjunct professor, biological anthropology
- Jeremy Spoon, associate professor, environmental anthropology
Postcolonialism -- America -- History, Indians of North America -- Cultural assimilation, Indians of North America -- Ethnic identity, Race in mass media, Minorities -- Oregon -- Multnomah County, Indians of North America -- Oregon, Microaggressions, Race awareness, Education -- Social aspects -- United States, Discrimination in education -- United States, Power (Social sciences), Racism, Ethnocentrism, Decolonization, Racial equity
Anthropology | Social Justice
Klein, Charles H.; Tankha, Mrinalini; Wilson, Douglas C. Ph.D.; Chang, Melanie; and Spoon, Jeremy, "Decolonizing Anthropology" (2021). At This Moment Webinar Series. 11.