Join us for a conversation about the work PSU's Homelessness Research & Action Collaborative is doing alongside community partners. We'll hear about the program evaluation of the Portland Street Response pilot program and a collaborative storytelling project that seeks to change the narrative around student homelessness through ethnographic cartooning.
We'll be joined by:
- Greg Townley, associate professor of community psychology and co-founder of PSU's Homelessness Research & Action Collaborative
- Robyn Burek, program manager, Portland Street Response
- Emily Leickly, doctoral student in applied community psychology and graduate research assistant
- Raven Drake, ambassador program manager, Street Roots
- Kacy McKinney, instructor in community development and lead researcher on Changing the Narrative project
- Shaun Hardy, student and research assistant
- Kimberléa Ruffu, student and research assistant
- Jai Milks, student and Comics Studies intern
- Kanani Cortez, editorial producer, Street Roots
Homeless students -- Services for, Homeless youth -- Education, COVID-19 Pandemic (2020- ), Homelessness -- Oregon -- Portland, Homelessness -- Social aspects, Public Services -- Oregon, Social justice, Equity, Racism, Anti-racism, Comic books strips etc., Cartoonists
Creative Writing | Inequality and Stratification | Social Justice
Townley, Greg; Burek, Robyn; Leickly, Emily; Drake, Raven; McKinney, Kacy; Hardy, Shaun; Ruffu, Kimberléa; Milks, Jai; and Cortez, Kanani, "Changing Narratives, Changing Outcomes" (2022). At This Moment Webinar Series. 16.