Download Full Text (4.4 MB)
CONCRETE’S CARBON FOOTPRINT:
90% of concrete mix emits a relatively small amount of CO2 into the atmosphere. The other 10%, cement, accounts for the vast majority of concrete’s embodied CO2. Concrete’s embodied CO2 is roughly equivalent to 9% of it’s weight Roughly 40% of the CO2 emitted from calcination will be reabsorbed through carbonation of concrete surfaces over a 100-year life cycle.
In Copyright. URI: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).