The annual Student Research Symposium, hosted by Portland State University, will be held on Wednesday, May 8, 2024, in the Smith Memorial Student Union Ballroom (3rd floor). Students from many disciplines as well as other higher education institutes throughout the region are invited to showcase their research and creative works at the Symposium.
This event includes undergraduate and graduate student work that is presented as part of an oral presentation or during a poster session. There will be several poster awards and an oral presentation raffle drawing for both undergraduate and graduate students. Winners will each receive $100!
We urge students from the Arts, Humanities, Sciences, and Professional programs to consider presentation formats that best highlight their research and creative work. Dissemination of student work occurs in person at the event on May 8th and through PDXScholar, an electronic repository used to disseminate student research to a global audience.
If you wish to present at this event, please submit a proposal using the “Submit Presentation/Poster” link in the sidebar menu by Sunday, March 24, 2024 at 11:59pm PST.2024 Symposium Timeline
- February 5: Proposal Submission begins. Submit your abstract and proposal to participate
- March 24: Proposals Submission deadline
- April 1: Notification of Acceptance
- April 8: Student Presenters Must Confirm their Participation
- April 22: Upload poster and presentation materials to PDXScholar
- May 3: Deadline for PSU students wishing to print posters using on-campus printers
- May 8: In-Person Symposium Event
The Center for Internship, Mentoring, and Research (CIMR) is hosting a series of in-person and virtual workshops to help students prepare for SRS. All workshop attendees will be entered for a cash raffle prize! Can’t make it? Workshops will be recorded, and any workshop material will be shared with anyone who completes the RSVP form as well as on Presentation Help & Guidelines page.
- Scientific Poster Help Session - Friday, April 12, 3:00pm-4:30pm
- Scientific Oral Presentation Help Session - Friday, April 19, 3:00pm-4:30pm
- Presentation Coaching Session - Monday, May 6, 3:00pm-4:30pm RSVP to join a workshop