About the Symposium & Requirements
About the 2024 Symposium
The primary purpose of this event is to provide a research dissemination venue for students. Therefore, the best way to utilize this event for your professional development and growth is to present your research and creative work. Presenters must submit a presentation abstract to be considered for the program.
The May 8, 2024 event has two session formats:
- Poster presentation: Set up from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.; Attend in person from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. This form of presentation requires students to develop a research poster or another form of visual presentation of their research. During the 2-hour block, students will stand by their posters and discuss their research with those who come by during the networking-style session. or
- Oral presentation: Presenters will be scheduled for a 10-minute block (5 minutes to present, 5 minutes for Q&A) in which to share their research and respond to audience questions. Presenters will select their preference for either the morning or afternoon session The morning session is 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and the afternoon session is 1:30 p.m. -3:00 p.m.
- Must be an enrolled student during spring term 2024 to participate, but your research need not be completed when you submit.* Non-PSU students are encouraged to participate.
- Must be able to attend the May 8, 2024 event at PSU Smith Memorial Student Union.
- Participants may submit one presentation or one poster.
- Must create a PDXScholar account. This is an account that is independent of your PSU Single Sign-on account. Non-PSU students can create a PDXScholar account using their school email address.
- Presenters are encouraged to invite friends, family, colleagues, classmates, and instructors to attend the event. Event organizers do their best to promote campus and community participation. The best promoters of this event are the presenters themselves. Please promote it widely.