How to Participate
About the 2022 Symposium
New proposals are no longer being accepted for the 2022 Symposium.
April 6: Optional Poster Design Help Session noon to 1:30 p.m. - Workshop Materials
April 14: Optional Oral Presentation Help Session noon to 1:30 p.m. - Slides
The May 4, 2022 event has two session formats:
- Poster presentation: Set up from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.; Attend in person from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or
- Oral presentation: You will be scheduled for an assigned 15 minute time block between 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Must be an enrolled student during spring term 2022 to participate, but your research need not be completed when you submit.*
- Must be able to attend the May 4, 2022 event at PSU Smith Memorial Student Union.
- Can submit one presentation or one poster.
- Must create a PDXScholar account which is an account independent of your PSU Single Sign-on account.
- Presenters are encouraged to invite friends, family, colleagues, classmates, and instructors to attend the event. Event organizers do their best to promote campus and community participation. The best promoters of this event are the presenters themselves. Please promote it widely.
Suggestions for Developing an Abstract
Those who evaluate your proposal will likely be unfamiliar with your discipline. Although it is not required that you include all the items listed here, a strong research abstract often responds to these topics:
- Research significance -- This usually answers the question: Why did you or why do you want to do this research?
- Results -- If your research is not at the phase of producing results, you can omit this section.