9-21-2021 10:00 AM
9-21-2021 11:30 AM
Keynote Speaker Dr. Mandy Davis from Trauma Informed Oregon will open the Inclusive Frameworks for Student Success Teaching Innovation Conference by talking about the structural requirements for a trauma-informed campus. This talk will include time for Q&A, so bring your questions for Dr. Davis about trauma-informed practice.
- Workshop Slides Link
- TIP-Hosting a Virtual Meeting Using Trauma Informed Principles (traumainformedoregon.org)
- Key-Terms-Related-to-Realizing-the-Widespread-Impact-of-Trauma.pdf (traumainformedoregon.org)
- Trauma-Informed-Care-in-the-Classroom.pdf (traumainformedoregon.org)
- Video from workshop located at bottom of this page - https://traumainformedoregon.org/
- Youtube Channel
- Speaker's Professional Twitter Page
Dr. Mandy Davis is a Professor of Practice at Portland State University’s School of Social Work and a licensed clinical social worker. She is Director of Trauma Informed Oregon, a program primarily funded by the Oregon Health Authority, to advance trauma informed care throughout organizations and systems through training, consultation, and implementation resources. Dr. Davis teaches and lectures on implementing trauma informed care and trauma specific services. Her current interests include measuring change when organizations and systems implement the principles of trauma informed care, the impact of toxic stress on the workforce and intersectionality between equity work, resilience, and trauma informed care.
Inclusive education, Education -- Research -- Methodology, Psychic trauma, College students -- Mental health, Higher education -- United States
Higher Education | Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Davis, Mandy, "Opening Keynote Address: Trauma-informed Care in Times of Toxic Stress" (2021). Inclusive Frameworks For Student Success: A Teaching Innovation Conference. 1.