Special education -- Study and teaching (Early childhood), Children with disabilities -- Education (Early childhood)
This workshop provided participants with the opportunity to:
- Examine the unique factors in EL students’ background and make appropriate adjustments to instruction and interventions.
- Choose screening and progress monitoring tools with demonstrated reliability and validity for ELs.
- Make decisions on appropriate growth for each EL student in consideration of their unique contexts.
- Determine appropriate language of intervention in English‐only and all bilingual program models (early‐exit to dual language).
- Apply a framework for least biased assessment in Tier 3 that systematically considers the cultural loading and linguistic demand of assessments.
Brown, Julie Esparza, "Multi-tiered Support Systems and Special Education Models for English Learners" (2014). Education Faculty Publications and Presentations. 82.