Partially funded under U.S. National Science Foundation Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation Award #1737191 as well as the Mark O. Hatfield School of Government at Portland State University.
Environmental Impact Assessment Review
Land use -- Management -- Case studies, Public Policy
- The distances from citizens' addresses to the project were geocoded.
- Citizen comments either contested knowledge in the EIA or provided missing information.
- Type of Community → Concern/Type of Information →Project Outcome
- Contested knowledge on the need for the project was important.
- Institutional preferences were important in explaining the outcomes.
Copyright © 2021 Elsevier B.V.
Locate the Document
Nelson, H. T., Hass, S., Sarle, K., & Renirie, A. (2021). Communities of place vs communities of interest in the United States: Citizen information and locally unwanted land uses in EIA. Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 87, 106534. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2020.106534